Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

The Live Grain Difference and Tacos

I like to use sprouted grain corn tortillas when I'm having my favorite summer lunch, tacos! It's fun to make a bunch of fillings and chop them up into separate bowls and make your own creation. I like to warm my tortillas in the oven, wrap them up to keep them hot, and bring everything outside and have tacos in the sun. The most common brand for tortillas I find in stores is Food For Life and it's great. Sprouted grain is better for your health because it contains no meal or flour. Sprouting unlocks dormant food energy, maximises nutrition and flavor, and its easier to digest. It's more fresh and more alive!

I've also taken a strong liking to chilli rubbed dried mango. I cut them up into tiny pieces and it adds a flare of sugar and spice the taco toppings. I steamed some artichokes and cut them up they gave a wonderful crunch and flavor and also look like cactus, which is a regular traditional taco filling. I usually use grilled fish or organic meat, grilled tofu, sautéed or steamed veggies, avocado, cilantro, lettuce, tomatoes  cucumber, home made salsa, soft white cheese, and hot sauce. I'm getting really creative with what I put in my tacos and so can you!


No comments:

Post a Comment